20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 kg (2lb 40z) potatoes, Maris piper variety peeled and cut into quarters
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 x 100g (4oz) mini loaf tins
- Alternatively, 1 x 450g (1lb) loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC, 180ºC fan, 400ºF, gas 6.
- Parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes, drain. Let all the steam and moisture escape.
- Sprinkle the flour over the potatoes and toss, season to taste.
- Put oil in the roasting tin and place potatoes in tin.
- Cook potatoes for about an hour, ensuring you turn and baste them for 25 minutes into their cooking.
- When the potatoes are cooked, sprinkle salt on them and serve straight away.
- Nut roasts freeze very well. If you make the nut roast the day ahead, you can re-heat in the microwave.