- 20g (3/4) oz butter
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 750g (1lb 10oz) button mushrooms
- 15g (½ oz) porcini mushrooms, cut in halves
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 200g (7oz) grated vegetarian mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of grated vegetarian Parmesan
- 8 sheets of fresh lasagne
- 100g (4 oz) plain flour
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 850ml (1½ pints) heated semi-skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons of grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook your butter until they are soft. Add your garlic, frying for a few minutes. Then add your button mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 15 minutes, until they are soft, season to taste.
- To make the béchamel, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Mix well, cooking for a couple of minutes. Stir in the milk, whisking until thick. Season and stir in the Parmesan.
- Lay a third of the mushrooms and mozzarella in the base of a 2 litre (3½ pint) basking dish, then place a layer of pasta on then a layer of sauce. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and Parmesan over the top and bake for 45 minutes until brown and bubbling.