20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 350g (12oz) plain white flour
- 40g (11/2 oz) icing sugar
- 175 (6oz) chilled butter, grated
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Grated zest of an orange
- 400g (14oz) mincemeat
- 2 x cake tins for 12 fairy cakes each
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- To make the pastry, place the flour and icing sugar in a food processor. Pulse the mixture for 30 seconds. Add in the butter, whizzing mixture until it forms fine crumbs.
- Add in the egg yolk, and two tablespoons of water. Process all the mixture until it is all combined, adding more water as needed. Knead lightly until the mixture is smooth.
- Cut out small rounds to fit base of cake tin or cup cakes, with a pastry cutter.
- Place a small amount of mince meat in each one.
- Cook for 20 minutes