10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 15 Cook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 175g (6oz) plain digestive biscuits
- 40g (1 ½ oz) melted margarine
- 750g (1½ lb) low-fat cream cheese
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- the grated rind of 2 oranges
- 4 eggs, separated
- 300ml (½ pint) thick Greek yoghurt
- 25g (1oz) icing sugar, sifted
- a little cinnamon to decorate
- Crumble the biscuits finely, with a blender or pestle and mortar. Stir in melted margarine. Mix thoroughly. Line a 22.5 cm (10 inch) loose-bottomed cake tin with greaseproof paper and press the biscuit mixture into the base.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, orange rind and the egg yolks. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until they are very stiff. Then carefully fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over the prepared base and cook at 160C/325F/Gas mark 3 for an hour and 15 minutes. It will still appear runny in the centre, but will set as it cools. Cover with a towel and leave on a rack until cold.
- Beat the Greek yoghurt with the icing sugar until smooth. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and cover with a thick layer of the sweetened yoghurt. Dust with a little cinnamon before serving.