30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 250g (9oz) shortcrust pastry
- 600g (1lb 5oz) leeks, washed and sliced
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 100g (4oz) crumbled Dolcelatte
- 300ml (½ pt) double cream
- 2tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 x 23cm (9in) fluted, loose-based flan tin, greased
- Line your tin with pastry, ensuring you do not cut off the overlap. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Line your pastry with baking parchment. Fill up your pastry case with baking beans. Bake the pastry blind for 15 minutes. Take out the beans and baking parchment, returning to the oven for another 5 minutes, until the pastry is slightly browned. Turn your oven down to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4.
- For the filling, melt your butter. Cook your leeks for ten until they are soft. Drain them and place in a bowl. In another bowl, beat your egg yolks and cream. Season this cream mixture. Add this mixture and the Dolcelatte to the leeks. Place in the pastry case and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Return to the oven on a preheated baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until browned and slightly firm to the touch. Leave to cool for ten minutes before serving.
- This tart can be frozen for up to a month.