45 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 45 Total Time
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 shallots, peeled and left whole
- 150g (5oz) smoked bacon pieces
- 500g (1lb 2oz) chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 500ml (18fl oz) chicken stock
- 650 ml chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons half-fat crème fraiche
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4.
- Toss the chicken thighs in the flour. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, browning the thighs on both sides. This needs to be done in batches. Place them in an ovenproof dish which has a lid, along with any leftover flour.
- Pour the stock over the chicken.
- Strain the liquid into a saucepan, adding the crème fraiche. Boil then simmer, taste for seasoning. Then add the tarragon. Pour the mixture over the chicken and serve.