20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 675g/1lb 8oz couscous
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g/4oz golden sultanas
- 2½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 litre/1¾ pints boiled water
- 5½ tablespoon vegetable stock/chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- handful fresh chopped coriander
- salt and ground black pepper
- Put the sultanas, couscous, salt and spices in a microwavable bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Put the boiled water in the bowl, covering the bowl with cling film. Let the mixture sit for up to 15 minutes.
- Once the water is absorbed by the couscous, take off the cling film from around the bowl. Use a fork to separate the grains of the couscous.
- Add in the vegetable stock or chicken stock mixture, as well as the olive oil and butter in to the couscous.
- Stir mixture once more, season with salt and ground black pepper. If you are going to eat this dish some time later, transfer couscous to a serving dish.
- Cut the pomegranate into two, extracting approximately a quarter of the seeds. Sprinkle the seeds and the chopped coriander over the couscous and serve.