1 hr, 10 Prep Time
7 minCook Time
1 hr, 17 Total Time
- 6 sponge cakes
- 10 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- 350g (12oz) chocolate-chip ice cream
- 4 egg whites
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- Place the cakes in the bottom of a 22cm (8½ inch) soufflé dish. Sprinkle milk over the top.
- Leave to stand for an hour.
- Spoon the ice cream into the middle of the dish. Beat the whites until stiff.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until they hold their shape in stiff peaks.
- Cover the ice cream with this meringue mixture.
- Bake at 230C/450F/Gas Mark 8 for seven minutes.
- Serve straight away.